Jump to Main Content
- Piedras, Sérgio R.N., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied animal behaviour science 2016 v.185 pp. 146-151
- Rhamdia quelen; cannibalism; fish; hatcheries; head; mouth; omnivores; particle size; predators; rearing
- ... Fish reared in heterogeneous batches and fed on food with a very small particle size can practice cannibalism, because it is energetically more feasible. Jundiá is an omnivorous fish that exhibits heterogeneous growth and high cannibalism rate (CR) in the early stages of its life. Thus, to increase the survival of jundiá, regular size grading has become a necessity to regularly sort into narrow si ...
- Piedras, Sergio R.N., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Cryobiology 2016 v.73 no.3 pp. 383-387
- Odontesthes bonariensis; amides; cryopreservation; cryoprotectants; dimethyl sulfoxide; membrane fluidity; mitochondria; plasma membrane; semen; spermatozoa
- ... Amides were tested as internal cryoprotectants for the preservation of wild silverside (Odontesthes bonariensis) sperm. The semen was diluted in modified Mounib's medium and cryopreserved by adding 2, 5, 8 or 11% of dimethyl acetamide (DMA), dimethyl formamide (DMF) or methyl formamide (MF). Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) at a concentration of 10% diluted in modified Mounib's medium was used as a contr ...