Jump to Main Content
- Pierson, L. M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Arthropod-plant interactions 2011 v.5 no.1 pp. 49-58
- Aphis glycines; carbon dioxide; enzyme kinetics; gas exchange; genotype; isozymes; peroxidase; photosynthesis; physiological response; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; soybeans; surveys; temporal variation
- ... We examined the physiological responses of four soybean genotypes (KS4202, K-1639-2, ‘Jackson,' ‘Asgrow 2703') to soybean aphid (Aphis glycines Matsumura) feeding in reproductive stage soybeans (R1, beginning bloom). Photosynthetic capacity was evaluated by taking survey measurements at 7, 17, 24, and 28 days after aphid introduction and by measuring assimilation/internal CO₂ (ACi) curves at 29 da ...
- Pierson L. M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.2 pp. 1036-1044
- Aphis glycines; Glycine max; crop production; cultivars; genotype; insect pests; seeds; soybeans; Nebraska
- ... The soybean aphid, Aphis glycines Matsmura, has become the most significant soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] insect pest in the north central soybean production region of North America. The objectives of this research were to measure selected genotypes for resistance to the soybean aphid in the later vegetative and reproductive stages under field conditions, and confirm the presence of tolerance ...