Jump to Main Content
- Piiparinen, Heli, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Acta veterinaria scandinavica 2015 v.57 no.1 pp. 37
- Staphylococcus pseudintermedius; bacteria; bitches; breeding; drug therapy; epidemiology; guide dogs; loci; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; multiple drug resistance; risk factors; vision disorders; Finland
- ... BACKGROUND: Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius (MRSP) and Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) are common multi-drug resistant (MDR) bacteria in dogs. In 2012–2013 three dogs of the Guide Dog School of the Finnish Federation of the Visually Impaired were found to be MRSP positive. Guide dogs have regular contact with each other during their first year of life and prolonged contact when ...
- PubMed Central:
- Piiparinen, Heli, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of virological methods 2012 v.182 no.1-2 pp. 82-86
- Enterovirus; Human metapneumovirus; fluorescence; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; viruses
- ... The aim of the study was to develop a real-time RT-PCR for the detection of enteroviruses (EVs) and rhinoviruses (RVs) and to assess the performance of the xTAG RVP Fast assay in comparison to a direct fluorescent assay (DFA), a real-time RT-PCR assay for the detection of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and human metapneumovirus (hMPV), and the EV/RV RT-PCR assay developed in this study. The per ...