Jump to Main Content
- Pilinis, Christodoulos, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2020 v.239 pp. 104911
- autumn; comparative study; spring; sulfur dioxide; urban areas; Crete
- ... Atmospheric new particle formation (NPF) is an important source of submicron particles. In remote background environments where local sources are scarce such processes may impact significantly on climate-relevant parameters. On the other hand, in urban environments, newly-formed particles are adding up to submicron particles emitted from primary sources. As the exact mechanism which triggers NPF s ...
- Pilinis, Christodoulos, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2014 v.82 pp. 144-153
- absorption; aerosols; aqueous solutions; atmospheric chemistry; data collection; equations; optical properties; particulate organic matter; particulates; prediction; relative humidity; sulfates; water content; water uptake
- ... Measurements of aged aerosol scattering in the Eastern Mediterranean at ambient and low relative humidity (RH) are combined with measurements of its size composition distribution and its aerosol water content to gain insights about its hygroscopic and optical properties. The particle water uptake above 60% RH can be explained by the water absorption by the inorganic particulate matter in this sulp ...