Jump to Main Content
- Pilus, Rashidah M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2019 v.33 no.6 pp. 4951-4963
- foams; nitrogen; oils; petroleum; salinity; sandstone; seawater; surface tension; surfactants
- ... The novel enhanced oil recovery (EOR) technique combining the reduction of oil/water (o/w) interfacial tensions (IFT) to ultralow values and generation of a foam drive for mobility control is known as foam-assisted chemical flooding (FACF). We present a well-controlled laboratory study on the feasibility of FACF at reservoir conditions. Two specially selected chemical surfactants were screened on ...
- Pilus, Rashidah M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2018 v.32 no.6 pp. 6545-6556
- additives; foams; fuels; ionic liquids; nitrogen; oils; porous media; screening; surface tension; surfactants; temperature
- ... Foam application in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) processes has been promoted primarily to address the mobility control issue during gas flooding which leads to poor sweep efficiency. Some critical factors such as foam stability and strength in porous media need to be addressed to ensure the effectiveness of foam flooding. In this research, a relatively new additive for foam stabilization composed o ...