Jump to Main Content
- Pimentel, E. C. G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Animal genetics 2014 v.45 no.3 pp. 381-391
- German Landrace; Vietnamese Potbellied; biomedical research; body weight; breed differences; breeding; color; genes; haplotypes; homozygosity; single nucleotide polymorphism; swine; toxicology; Minnesota
- ... The Göttingen Minipig (GMP) developed at the University of Göttingen is a synthetic breed that is widely used in medical research and toxicology. It combines the high fertility of the Vietnamese potbellied pig, the low body weight of the Minnesota Minipig and the white coat colour of the German Landrace pig. The aim of this study was to find genomic regions that may have undergone selection since ...
- Pimentel, E. C. G., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Animal genetics 2014 v.45 no.4 pp. 585-588
- beta-lactoglobulin; cattle; cattle breeds; genes; genetic variation; introgression; lactalbumin; open reading frames; whey protein; zebu
- ... The major bovine whey proteins, α‐lactalbumin (α‐LA) and β‐lactoglobulin (β‐LG), exhibit breed‐specific genetic variation. The aim of this study was to identify possible new protein variants and determine the distribution of variants across a variety of 18 taurine and indicine cattle breeds applying a DNA‐based sequencing approach. To this end, the open reading frames of the respective genes (LALB ...