Jump to Main Content
- Pinheiro, Maria Lúcia B., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2016 v.160 pp. 154-162
- Candida; Gram-negative bacteria; Guatteria; absorbance; absorption; anti-infective properties; bark; bioassays; biological models; bleaching; calcium chloride; chemical composition; energy; fluorescence; infectious diseases; isoquinoline alkaloids; magnesium chloride; oxygen production; photosensitizing agents; singlet oxygen; therapeutics; yeasts
- ... Photodynamic Therapy, a tumor therapy idealized at the beginning of the last century, emerges nowadays as a promising treatment alternative against infectious diseases. In this study we report a bioguided study of Guatteria blepharophylla phytoderivatives for antimicrobial PDT. Crude extracts and fraction from the species bark were obtained and further fractionated for substances isolation. All sa ...
- Pinheiro, Maria Lúcia B., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Phytochemical analysis 2015 v.26 no.5 pp. 339-345
- Annonaceae; acetogenins; aerial parts; alkaloids; bark; branches; chromatography; extracts; leaves; methylene chloride; mixtures; secondary metabolites; tandem mass spectrometry; terpenoids
- ... INTRODUCTION: The Annonaceae family is known as a promising abundant source of secondary metabolites, especially annonaceous acetogenins, terpenoids and isoquinoline‐derived alkaloids. Although widely investigated from the phytochemical viewpoint, this family still presents some largely unexplored genera, e.g. the Bocageopsis. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the alkaloid content of Bocageopsis pleiosper ...
- Pinheiro, Maria
B., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2016 v.79 no.6 pp. 1524-1531
- Guatteria; alkaloids; bark; cytotoxicity; neoplasm cells; spectral analysis
- ... Phytochemical investigation of the bark of Guatteria friesiana afforded 12 new aporphines (1–12), along with nine known alkaloids (13–21). The structures of the new alkaloids were determined on the basis of spectroscopic data interpretation. The cytotoxic activity of the isolated compounds against a small panel of tumor cell lines was assessed using the Alamar blue assay. ...