Jump to Main Content
- Pirola, Carlos J, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2016 v.103 no.2 pp. 422-434
- amino acid metabolism; amino acids; aspartate transaminase; biopsy; blood lipids; blood serum; case-control studies; disease severity; enzyme activity; fatty liver; genes; gluconeogenesis; glycolysis; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; homeostasis; hypertension; in vitro studies; insulin resistance; lipid content; liver; loci; messenger RNA; metabolic syndrome; metabolites; patients; transamination; transcription (genetics); triacylglycerols; tricarboxylic acid cycle
- ... Background: Extensive epidemiologic studies have shown that cardiovascular disease and the metabolic syndrome (MetS) are associated with serum concentrations of liver enzymes; however, fundamental characteristics of this relation are currently unknown. Objective: We aimed to explore the role of liver aminotransferases in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and MetS. Design: Liver gene- and pr ...
- Pirola, Carlos J., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Obesity 2009 v.17 no.5 pp. 1032-1039
- transcription factors; DNA methylation; mothers; small for gestational age; fetal development; pregnancy; fetus; genes; obesity; gestational age; neonates; body mass index; promoter regions