Jump to Main Content
- Piseddu, Eleonora, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- blood serum; breeds; cats; creatinine; kidney diseases
- ... The aim of this study was to assess whether, in contrast to serum creatinine, which is higher in Birman cats than in other breeds, the serum concentration of symmetric dimethylarginine (SDMA) is comparable in clinically healthy Birmans and in the general feline population. This could allow, in this breed, to better evaluate chronic kidney disease (CKD). Serum creatinine and SDMA were measured in c ...
- Piseddu, Eleonora, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 132
- Mycoplasma haemocanis; Mycoplasma haemofelis; Mycoplasma haemominutum; anemia; blood; blood donors; blood sampling; cats; dogs; factor analysis; males; mixed infection; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; risk factors; screening; selection criteria; sequence analysis; Italy
- ... BACKGROUND: Hemotropic mycoplasmas (hemoplasmas), the agents of infectious anemia, have been reported in dogs and cats. Little data are available on hemoplasma infections in Italy. The aim of this study was to evaluate the species of hemoplasmas and their prevalence in dogs and cats of northern Italy. METHODS: Blood samples were obtained from 117 candidate blood donor dogs, 278 free-roaming dogs a ...
- PubMed Central: