Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: pratt?
- Platt, H. W. (Bud), et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Functional & Integrative Genomics 2013 v.13 no.3 pp. 367
- Verticillium dahliae; alleles; biosynthesis; chlorophyll; chlorosis; clones; diploidy; fungi; gene expression; genetic variation; leaves; pathogens; plant hormones; potatoes; senescence; transcription factors; vascular tissues; wilting
- ... Verticillium dahliae Kleb. is a soil-borne fungi that colonizes vascular tissues and induces early senescence in potato in a disease called Verticillium wilt. A diploid potato clone, 07506-01, was infected at high levels with V. dahliae but did not develop symptoms, indicating tolerance to the pathogen. Tolerance was not associated with the Ve2 resistance gene as 07506-01 was found to carry suscep ...
- Platt, H. W. (Bud), et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant disease 2012 v.96 no.12 pp. 1729-1735
- Phytophthora infestans; asexual reproduction; gardens; genotype; mating types; metalaxyl; pathogens; phenotype; potatoes; restriction fragment length polymorphism; seed tubers; sexual reproduction; tomatoes; weather; Alberta; British Columbia; Manitoba; New Brunswick; Ontario; Prince Edward Island; Saskatchewan; United States
- ... A dramatic increase in the incidence of late blight and changes within populations of Phytophthora infestans have been observed in various regions of Canada. In this study, the occurrence of several new genotypes of the pathogen was documented with associated phenotypes that dominated pathogen populations. Genotype US-23, previously detected only among isolates from the United States, dominated in ...
- Platt, H. W. (Bud), et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2009 v.27 no.3 pp. 315-320
- gene expression; reference standards; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Arabidopsis thaliana; genes; Solanum tuberosum; Phytophthora infestans; fungal diseases of plants
- ... Analysis of gene expression using real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) requires reference genes to normalize expression values between samples. We have developed a novel reference for real-time RT-PCR using an arbitrary primer to amplify a random set of genes. The arbitrary primer amplifies over 30 genes, whose cumulative expression as measured by real-time RT-PCR clo ...