Jump to Main Content
- Sanz-Ros, Antonio V.; Müller, Michael M.; San Martín, Roberto; Diez, Julio J.
- Fungal biology 2015 v.119 no.10 pp. 870-883
- Plectania, etc ; Khuskia oryzae; Ophiostoma; Penicillium; Phoma; Pinus sylvestris; Trichoderma lixii; branches; conifers; endophytes; fungi; hosts; internal transcribed spacers; new species; ribosomal DNA; species diversity; trees; Spain; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Most plant species harbour a diverse community of endophytic, but their role is still unknown in most cases, including ecologically and economically important tree species. This study describes the culturable fungal endophytic community of Pinus sylvestris L. twigs in northern Spain and its relationship with diametric growth of the host. In all, 360 twig samples were collected from 30 Scots pines ...
- Rodrigues, Andre; Passarini, Michel R. Z.; Ferro, Milene; Nagamoto, Nilson S.; Forti, Luiz C.; Bacci, Maurício, Jr.; Sette, Lara D.; Pagnocca, Fernando C.
- Journal of basic microbiology 2014 v.54 no.11 pp. 1186-1196
- Plectania, etc ; Atta sexdens rubropilosa; Clavariaceae; Penicillium janthinellum; Trichoderma spirale; community structure; environmental impact; fungal communities; fungus gardens; gardens; internal transcribed spacers; leaf-cutting ants; soil fungi; soil structure; species diversity; transcription (genetics); Brazil; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Leaf‐cutting ants modify the properties of the soil adjacent to their nests. Here, we examined whether such an ant‐altered environment impacts the belowground fungal communities. Fungal diversity and community structure of soil from the fungus garden chambers of Atta sexdens rubropilosa and Atta bisphaerica, two widespread leaf‐cutting ants in Brazil, were determined and compared with non‐nest soi ...