Jump to Main Content
- Pogreba-Brown, Kristen, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Foodborne pathogens & disease 2018 v.15 no.5 pp. 277-284
- Campylobacter; Hispanics; animal products; campylobacteriosis; cilantro; demographic statistics; education; environmental exposure; fever; foods; morbidity; public health; questionnaires; regression analysis; risk factors; tomatoes; vomiting; Arizona
- ... Background: Rates of Campylobacter infection in Arizona have historically been higher than the national average, with the highest rates in Hispanic populations. The purpose of this retrospective case–case analysis was to determine how risk factors and disease presentation differ by ethnicity (Hispanic vs. Non-Hispanic) in cases of campylobacteriosis from 2012 to 2015 in Maricopa County, Arizona. M ...
- Pogreba-Brown, Kristen, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 59-68
- Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; beaches; cohort studies; epidemiological studies; guidelines; humans; income; indicator species; monitoring; pathogens; public health; risk; sand; summer; swimming; temperate zones; tourism; tropics; urban areas; water quality; Brazil
- ... Regulating recreational water exposure to pathogens within the tropics is a major public health and economic concern. Although numerous epidemiological studies estimating the risk to recreational marine water exposure have been conducted since the 1950s, few studies have been done in the tropics. Furthermore, many have suggested that the use of fecal indicator bacteria for monitoring recreational ...