Jump to Main Content
- Pols, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1201 pp. 363-370
- computed tomography; engineering; image analysis; industry; phytotoxicity; polymers; quality control; quantitative analysis; sulfur dioxide; table grapes
- ... Sulphur dioxide (SO2) gas is routinely used in the table grape industry as a chemical preservative. A balance between enough gas for decay control and a low enough dose to prevent a phytotoxic effect on the grapes is required. Engineering SO2 generating pads that emit a suitable concentration of gas is therefore of the utmost importance for the table grape industry. The aim of this paper is to dem ...
- Pols, S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2016 v.45 no.3 pp. 161-172
- Greyhound; adults; aorta; blood; branching; dogs; ethics; females; forelimbs; head; intraspecific variation; males; silicone; t-test; thorax
- ... The greyhound is a dog breed highly specialized to run fast (17 m/s) over short distances (Usherwood and Wilson, 2005). As a result, there are many anatomical structures correlated with this sprinting function. The branching patterns of vasculature supplying blood to the head, forelimbs and thorax (subclavian arteries and its branches) were described in 34 adult greyhound cadavers (22 male, 12 fem ...