Jump to Main Content
- Polzella, Antonella, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Plant biosystems 2019 v.153 no.1 pp. 163-172
- biochar; biostatistics; climate change; environmental factors; ethylene; growth and development; meta-analysis; models; nutrient availability; nutrient content; pathogens; phenotype; photosynthesis; physiological transport; plant development; plant growth; plant response; soil; soil fertility; soil nutrients; tomatoes
- ... Plant growth and development are affected by several environmental factors, among which soil nutrient availability. Biochar addition to soil is recognized to exert beneficial effects on soil fertility and thus plant growth; furthermore, it is a promising option for climate change mitigation. However, multi-species studies and meta-analyses have indicated considerable variations in biochar response ...
- Polzella, Antonella, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2018 v.220 pp. 83-95
- Calvin cycle; Olea europaea; basins; carotenoids; cultivars; drought; growth retardation; leaves; lipid peroxidation; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nitrogen metabolism; olives; osmolarity; oxidative stress; photosystem II; plant growth; plant organs; proteins; salt stress; soil salinization
- ... Olive (Olea europaea L.) is an economically important crop for the Mediterranean basin, where prolonged drought and soil salinization may occur. This plant has developed a series of mechanisms to tolerate and grow under these adverse conditions.By using an integrated approach, we described in Chétoui olive cultivar the changes in plant growth, oxidative damage and osmolyte accumulation in leaves, ...