Jump to Main Content
- Pongri, Adarki, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Herba Polonica 2019 v.65 no.3 pp. 22-31
- Cussonia; Phthorimaea operculella; Solanum tuberosum; acetic acid; air drying; analgesic effect; anti-inflammatory activity; arthritis; ears; edema; formalin; hot plate test; leaf extracts; leaves; methanol; mice; potatoes; tail flick test; traditional medicine; trees; vegetable crops; writhing test; xylene; Sub-Saharan Africa; Syria
- ... Introduction: Potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) is an important vegetable crop in Syria. Potato tuber moth Cussonia barteri is a small tree that grows in the sub-Saharan part of Africa. Various parts of the plant are used for the treatment of a variety of ailments in ethno-medicine. Objective: To evaluate the anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect of the methanol leaf extract of Cussonia barteri. Mate ...
- Pongri, Adarki, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Herba Polonica 2017 v.63 no.3 pp. 35-47
- Grewia mollis; bark; blood serum; body weight changes; cough; diarrhea; fever; food intake; heart; histopathology; kidneys; lethal dose 50; liver; lungs; oral administration; rats; rickets; spleen; traditional medicine
- ... Introduction: Different parts of Grewia mollis Juss. (Malvaceae) are commonly used in folk medicine to treat several ailments, including diarrhea, ulcers, rickets, cough and fever. Although several studies have proved its therapeutic effectiveness, there are very few toxicological studies on the plant. Objectives: This study was carried out to evaluate the acute and sub-chronic toxicity of the aqu ...