Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: matej?
- Potisek, Mateja, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2017 v.133 pp. 12-23
- Glomus; X-radiation; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; absorption; biogeochemical cycles; corn; inoculum; ligands; mercuric chloride; mercury; models; mycorrhizal fungi; nitrogen; roots; soil; sulfur; terrestrial ecosystems; thiols; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; Slovenia
- ... Mercury (Hg) – plant – fungal interactions are only poorly studied. Hg speciation and ligand environment in maize roots inoculated with arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi were investigated in order to better understand the role of AM in Hg soil to root transfer.The maize plants were grown in Hg polluted substrate (50μgg−1 as dissolved HgCl2) and inoculated with AM fungi originating from: a) highly ...
- Potisek, Mateja, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.199 pp. 782-790
- bioavailability; buckwheat; citrates; germination; gluten-free foods; hot water treatment; human cell lines; humans; iron; ligands; phytic acid; seedlings; staple foods; wheat
- ... Tartary buckwheat is a gluten-free crop with great potential as a wheat substitute. Iron (Fe) is an important mineral element in staple foods which is required in sufficient bioaccessible quantities. The aim of the study was to investigate how processing of grains into groats (hydrothermal processing to remove the husk) and sprouts (7-day-old seedlings) affected Fe speciation (Fe2+ or Fe3+), Fe li ...
- Potisek, Mateja, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2016 v.69 pp. 9-16
- Fagopyrum tataricum; Triticum aestivum; bioactive compounds; buckwheat; calcium; catechin; crystals; dietary fiber; germination; magnesium; manganese; mesophyll; mineral content; nutrient content; oxalates; potassium; quercetin; sodium; spring; tap water; wheat
- ... The aim was to determine how the nutritional composition of Tartary buckwheat (Fagopyrum tataricum Gaertn.) and wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) sprouts is affected by the mineral composition of different waters used during their cultivation. We used tap water (TW) and two mineral-rich waters (MRWs), namely moderately mineral-rich water (MMRW) and extremely mineral-rich water (EMRW) originating from s ...