Jump to Main Content
- Pourtalebi Jahromi, Leila, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 785-790
- P-glycoproteins; brain; chitosan; drug delivery systems; hydrogels; intravenous injection; methotrexate; nanoparticles; rats; verapamil; zeta potential
- ... Chitosan-based hydrogel nanoparticles provide a higher brain concentration of methotrexate (MTX) following IV administration in comparison with the drug's simple solution. The present study investigates the mechanism of this phenomenon, focusing on the possible role of P-gp. A previously developed MTX containing chitosan nanogel was fabricated and characterised. Then 48 rats were divided into four ...
- Pourtalebi Jahromi, Leila, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018
- analgesics; chitosan; computer software; drug delivery systems; gels; half life; high performance liquid chromatography; nanomaterials; pain; patient compliance; receptors; subcutaneous injection; texture
- ... Chronic pain is one of the most prevalent health problems worldwide. Tramadol is a synthetic semi-opioid analgesic, interacting with serotonergic, adrenergic and opioid receptors to reduce the pain but its short half-life in vivo may reduce patient compliance in case of chronic pains. To overcome this problem, novel drug delivery systems have been investigated. This study focuses on a chitosan bas ...