Jump to Main Content
- Powell, Camilah D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2019 v.7 no.7 pp. 6619-6628
- activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; anions; aqueous solutions; chromium; coordination polymers; environmental sustainability; hydrochloric acid; industrial applications; industrial effluents; ion exchange; manufacturing; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; persistent organic pollutants; remediation; semiconductors; sorption isotherms; sulfates; surface area; toxicity; wastewater; water treatment; zirconium
- ... Perfluorooctanesulfonate (PFOS) is a persistent organic pollutant that is bioaccumulative and toxic. While its use in most countries has been restricted to certain industrial applications due to environmental and health concerns, chrome plating and semiconductor manufacturing facilities are industrial point sources of PFOS-containing wastewater. Current remediation technologies are ineffective at ...
- Powell, Camilah
D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2017 v.121 no.44 pp. 24541-24547
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; ambient temperature; catalysts; gold; nanogold; titanium dioxide; vibration
- ... The adsorption of CO on Au/TiO₂ catalysts was examined at room temperature using FTIR transmission spectroscopy. Adsorption was observed as (i) a sharp peak at ∼2100 cm–¹ due to CO molecular vibration (the Au–CO peak), and (ii) a broad-band infrared (BB-IR) signal. The Au–CO peak and BB-IR signal are correlated and quantitatively related to the amount of CO adsorbed on the Au nanoparticles. For co ...
- Powell, Camilah D., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Frontiers of environmental science & engineering 2018 v.12 no.5 pp. 2
- Devosia; Massilia; Sphingomonas; biodegradation; biodiversity; bioinformatics; catalysts; catalytic activity; chemical treatment; community structure; dioxane; discriminant analysis; groundwater; hydrogen peroxide; metagenomics; microbial communities; microbiome; microorganisms; oxidation; soil; volatile organic compounds
- ... Post-treatment impacts of a novel combined hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) oxidation and WOₓ/ZrO₂ catalysis used for the removal of 1,4-dioxane and chlorinated volatile organic compound (CVOC) contaminants were investigated in soil and groundwater microbial community. This treatment train removed ~90% 1,4-dioxane regardless of initial concentrations of 1,4-dioxane and CVOCs. The Illumina Miseq platform a ...