Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: palle?
- Pralle, Herbert, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2018 v.181 no.1 pp. 69-77
- Zea mays; agricultural land; air; corn; developmental stages; farmers; fertilizers; field experimentation; greenhouse gas emissions; headspace analysis; laboratory experimentation; nitrous oxide; plant height; rhizosphere; rowcrops; seeds; slurries; soil
- ... Nitrous oxide (N₂O) emissions from agricultural land are often estimated by measuring changes in N₂O concentrations over a given period in the headspace of a gas‐sampling chamber covering a specific soil area. This technique is particularly challenging in tall growing row crops such as maize (Zea mays L.), to which farmers regularly apply fertilizer banded below the seeds to ensure good crop devel ...
- Pralle, Herbert, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2015 v.178 no.6 pp. 923-934
- corn; crops; drilling; field experimentation; homogenization; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; risk; seeds; slurries; soil minerals; soil profiles; soil sampling
- ... Slurry injection below maize seeds is a rather new application technique developed to improve the nitrogen use efficiency of liquid organic manure. To enable the characterization of the spatial and temporal soil mineral nitrogen (SMN) dynamics after slurry injection, the present study aims to develop an appropriate soil sampling strategy. Three consecutive experiments were conducted. The first tes ...