Jump to Main Content
- Pratihast, Arun Kumar, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Forests 2014 v.5 no.10 pp. 2464-2489
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization; conservation areas; data quality; deforestation; emissions; experts; forest management; forests; monitoring; national forests; remote sensing; satellites; Ethiopia
- ... Within the Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (REDD+) framework, the involvement of local communities in national forest monitoring activities has the potential to enhance monitoring efficiency at lower costs while simultaneously promoting transparency and better forest management. We assessed the consistency of forest monitoring data (mostly activity data related to forest chan ...
- Pratihast, Arun Kumar, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Conservation biology 2016 v.30 no.6 pp. 1277-1287
- case studies; digital database; environmental monitoring; models; scientists; stakeholders; volunteers; Australia; Canada; Ethiopia; Ghana; Greenland; Vietnam
- ... Many argue that monitoring conducted exclusively by scientists is insufficient to address ongoing environmental challenges. One solution entails the use of mobile digital devices in participatory monitoring (PM) programs. But how digital data entry affects programs with varying levels of stakeholder participation, from nonscientists collecting field data to nonscientists administering every step o ...