Jump to Main Content
- Prior, L., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of human nutrition and dietetics 2018 v.31 no.4 pp. 451-462
- Mediterranean diet; adults; attitudes and opinions; body weight; cardiovascular diseases; cooking; cultural differences; eating habits; females; focus groups; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; qualitative analysis; risk factors; uncertainty; Northern European region
- ... BACKGROUND: Strong evidence links the consumption of a Mediterranean diet (MD) with a reduced cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk; however, there is uncertainty as to whether non‐Mediterranean regions will adopt this diet. The present qualitative research aimed to investigate attitudes towards a MD in individuals at high CVD risk in a Northern European population. This information is needed to infor ...
- Prior, L. D., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ecological research 2007 v.22 no.2 pp. 228-236
- Bayesian theory; Callitris; Myrtaceae; aerial photography; burning; demography; juveniles; landscapes; mortality; national parks; rain forests; savannas; seedlings; stand structure; trees; tropics
- ... Allosyncarpia ternata (an angiosperm) and Callitris intratropica (a gymnosperm) are two fire-sensitive tree species of the Australian monsoonal tropics. Studies using historical aerial photography have revealed recent expansion of A. ternata rainforests. There has simultaneously been a widespread collapse of C. intratropica populations in northern Australian savannas, presumably because of cessati ...