Jump to Main Content
- Profit, M.P. de., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 1996 v.46 no.3 pp. 211-218
- viability; cultivars; dose response; seed set; explants; flowers; culture media; fertilization (reproduction); light; photoperiod; genetic variation; embryogenesis; pollination; roots; Cichorium intybus
- ... Formation of viable seeds of Cichorium intybus L. was achieved in an in vitro system. Flower formation, pollination, fertilization, embryogenesis and seed development occurred in vitro on chicory root explants on culture medium lacking plant growth regulators. After flower induction under a 24-h daylength treatment, the explants were transferred to a 16-h daylength at 40 microeinsteins m-2 s-1 irr ...
- Profit, M.P. de., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant growth regulation 1995 v.17 no.3 pp. 199-203
- cultivars; vernalization; explants; flower primordia; hydroponics; adventitious roots; pretreatment; pruning; photoperiod; genetic variation; Cichorium intybus
- ... Fragments of vernalized chicory roots (Cichorium intybus L.) cultured in vitro under continuous light flower almost 100%. When chicory roots were placed in hydroponic forcing before in vitro culture, flowering percentage was reduced by half. The build-up of inhibition during 3 weeks of hydroponic forcing was studied in detail. The third week, in which growth of the chicory head is the strongest, w ...