Jump to Main Content
- Qabil, Naglaa, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Field crops research 2018 v.224 pp. 67-75
- alleles; autumn; barley; breeding; climate; climate change; cultivars; field experimentation; flowering; genetic variation; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; genotyping; germplasm; growth habit; plant breeders; risk reduction; spring; temperature; vernalization; winter; Egypt; Spain
- ... Climate change poses challenges to agricultural production in general and to plant breeders in particular. Adaptation of cereals to the new conditions and increasingly variable situations arising from this process is essential to reduce risks and limit potential threats associated with climate hazards. This study presents the first attempt to assess the response and resilience of barley genotypes, ...
- Qabil, Naglaa, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2017 v.194 pp. 58-67
- Hordeum vulgare; Mediterranean climate; aboveground biomass; barley; drought tolerance; genotype; grain yield; growing season; irrigation rates; irrigation water; latitude; microirrigation; plant height; sandy soils; semiarid zones; water resources; water stress; water use efficiency
- ... Improved water use efficiency (WUE) for barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) production in the arid and semiarid regions is necessary to save the limited water resources available for irrigation. A field study was conducted in 2014–2015 and 2015–2016 growing seasons on sandy soil under drip irrigation system. Objectives were to identify drought-tolerant genotypes of barley that are less susceptible to wate ...