Jump to Main Content
- Qi, Chuandong, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Plant science 2019 v.280 pp. 66-76
- Panicum virgatum; RNA interference; abscisic acid; acid treatment; bioethanol; biomass; cellulose; energy crops; ethanol production; genes; growth performance; hydrogen peroxide; potassium; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; roots; salt stress; salt tolerance; shoots; sodium; stress response; transactivators; transcriptional activation
- ... Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) is a bioenergy crop; thus, it is important to improve biomass to effectively produce bioethanol, particularly under adverse stress conditions. NAC transcription factors are involved in the abiotic stress response. PvNAC1 was isolated in the nucleus of switchgrass, with its C-terminal region containing a transcriptional activation domain. PvNAC1 expression was indu ...
- Qi, Chuandong, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Plant science 2019 v.283 pp. 385-395
- Arabidopsis; Spinacia oleracea; ascorbate peroxidase; callus; catalase; cell membranes; electrical conductivity; environmental factors; enzyme activity; gene silencing; heat shock proteins; heat stress; heat tolerance; heat treatment; malondialdehyde; peroxidase; photosynthesis; plant growth; reactive oxygen species; seedlings; spinach; superoxide dismutase; temperature
- ... High temperature is a major environmental factor affecting plant growth. Heat shock proteins (Hsps) are molecular chaperones that play important roles in improving plant thermotolerance during heat stress. Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) is very sensitive to high temperature; however, the specific function of Hsps in spinach is unclear. In this study, cytosolic heat shock 70 protein (SoHSC70), which w ...