Jump to Main Content
- Qin, Zhangjie, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.45 pp. 25951-25956
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; adsorption; birnessite; chemical composition; chemical reduction; crystal structure; hydrogen peroxide; lead; manganese oxides; models; pH; pollutants; potassium permanganate; scanning electron microscopy; sulfuric acid; temperature; thermal stability; thermogravimetry
- ... Birnessite is one of the most important manganese oxides that can control the geochemical behaviors of pollutants or can be applied to form industrial products. Many studies have been conducted on the synthesis of hexagonal birnessite because different synthesis methods can affect the structural, morphological, and physicochemical properties of hexagonal birnessite. However, there are still some d ...
- Qin, Zhangjie, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2018 v.65 pp. 282-292
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy; adsorption; birnessite; geometry; heavy metals; manganese; manganese oxides; oxidation; particle size; pollutants; surface area; toxicity; zinc
- ... Hexagonal turbostratic birnessite, with the characteristics of high contents of vacancies, varying amounts of structural and adsorbed Mn3+, and small particle size, undergoes strong adsorption reactions with trace metal (TM) contaminants. While the interactions of TM, i.e., Zn2+, with birnessite are well understood, the effect of birnessite structural characteristics on the coordination and stabil ...