Jump to Main Content
- Quilici, D.R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemistry 1995 v.34 no.49 pp. 16221-16227
- Musca domestica; NADP (coenzyme); aldehydes; antibodies; carbon dioxide; chemical bonding; cytochrome P-450; hydrocarbons; hydrogen; hydrogen peroxide; mass spectrometry; oxygen
- ... Experiments were performed to elucidate the mechanism of hydrocarbon formation in microsomal preparations from the house fly, Musca domestica. Antibody to both house fly cytochrome P450 reductase and a purified cytochrome P450 (CYP6A1) from the house fly inhibited (Z)-9-tricosene (Z9-23:Hy) formation from [15,16-3H]-(Z)-15-tetracosenal (24:1 aldehyde). Chemical ionization-gas chromatography-mass s ...
- Quilici, D.R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1995 v.92 no.18 pp. 8393-8397
- Ips paraconfusus; Ips pini; aggregation pheromones; alcohols; biosynthesis; isotope labeling; carbon; radionuclides; monoterpenoids
- ... The California five-spined ips, Ips paraconfusus Lanier, produces the myrcene-derived acyclic monoterpene alcohols ipsenol (2-methyl-6-methylene-7-octen-4-ol) and ipsdienol (2-methyl-6-methylene-2,7-octadien-4-ol) as components of its aggregation pheromone. The pine engraver beetle, Ips pini (Say), produces only ipsdienol. Previous studies have shown that myrcene, a monoterpene in the pines coloni ...
- PubMed Central: