Jump to Main Content
- Quinn-Davidson, Lenya N., et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of wildland fire 2012 v.21 no.3 pp. 210-218
- environmental law; human resources; land management; landscapes; managers; nongovernmental organizations; ownership; prescribed burning; private sector; public sector; surveys; California
- ... Though the need for prescribed fire is widely recognised, its use remains subject to a range of operational and social constraints. Research has focussed on identifying these constraints, yet past efforts have focussed disproportionately on single agencies and geographic regions. We examined constraints on prescribed fire by surveying a wide variety of organisations (including six state and federa ...
- Quinn-Davidson, Lenya N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Southern journal of applied forestry 2013 v.37 no.1 pp. 13-17
- climate; coniferous forests; drought; fires; forest litter; fuels (fire ecology); managers; mortality; overstory; prediction; prescribed burning; soil heating; tree mortality; trees; water content
- ... Duff fires have been implicated in overstory mortality and soil heating in long-unburned pine forests. In the South's punctuated climate, duff moisture can change rapidly, falling below moisture thresholds that protect trees or increasing after brief downpours. To date, managers lack an instantaneous measure of duff moisture, a hurdle to the implementation of prescribed burns. Here, we evaluate a ...