Jump to Main Content
- Quintana, Mercedes, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2019 v.1113 pp. 60-68
- anion exchange; carboxylic acids; cell lines; eumelanin; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; melanocytes; melanoma; mice; pH; phosphates; pigmentation; solid phase extraction; standard deviation
- ... Determination of eumelanin and pheomelanin in melanomas that exhibit different pigmentation was carried using a solid-phase extraction (SPE) preparation method based on weak anion exchange chemistry. This extraction significantly enhanced the chromatographic profile obtained by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography-diode array detection (RP-HPLC-DAD). The SPE method was developed us ...
- Quintana, Mercedes, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of Proteome Research 2013 v.12 no.4 pp. 1645-1659
- Citrus; betaine; biomarkers; case studies; citrus fruits; cohort studies; epidemiological studies; flavanones; genotype; grapefruit juice; mass spectrometry; metabolome; metabolomics; nutrition assessment; orange juice; questionnaires; urine; vegetable consumption
- ... Elucidation of the relationships between genotype, diet, and health requires accurate dietary assessment. In intervention and epidemiological studies, dietary assessment usually relies on questionnaires, which are susceptible to recall bias. An alternative approach is to quantify biomarkers of intake in biofluids, but few such markers have been validated so far. Here we describe the use of metabol ...