Jump to Main Content
- Qureshi, Shahida, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2017 v.66 pp. 154-160
- Aesculus; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-cyclodextrin; folic acid; gastric juice; hydrocolloids; intestines; juices; melting; microencapsulation; scanning electron microscopy; spray drying; starch; temperature; thermal stability
- ... Folic acid is susceptible to degradation under acidic conditions; therefore, it needs to be protected during its passage through GI tract. Hence in the present study, the folic acid was encapsulated in horse chestnut starch and β-cyclodextrin by spray drying technique and the release behavior of capsules were investigated during simulated gastric conditions. The structural and thermal properties o ...
- Qureshi, Shahida, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Vaccine 2011 v.29 no.18 pp. 3419-3423
- antibodies; children; developing countries; immunity; immunoglobulin G; parents; public health; vaccination; vaccines; Pakistan
- ... Measles, despite being vaccine preventable is still a major public health problem in many developing countries. We estimated the proportion of measles susceptible children in Karachi, the largest metropolitan city of Pakistan, one year after the nationwide measles supplementary immunization activity (SIA) of 2007–2008. Oral fluid specimens of 504 randomly selected children from Karachi, aged 12–59 ...
- PubMed Central: