Jump to Main Content
- Równicki, Marcin, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.6 pp. 763-766
- DNA; Escherichia coli; RNA; Salmonella Typhimurium; alkynes; antibiotics; bacteria; chemical reactions; genes; oligonucleotides; protein synthesis; therapeutics; vitamin B12
- ... Specifically designed, antisense oligonucleotides are promising candidates for antibacterial drugs. They suppress the correct expression of bacterial genes by complementary binding to essential sequences of bacterial DNA or RNA. The main obstacle in fully utilizing their potential as therapeutic agents comes from the fact that bacteria do not uptake oligonucleotides from their environment. Herein, ...
- Równicki, Marcin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2016 v.120 no.33 pp. 8369-8378
- binding sites; humans; microbial growth; molecular dynamics; ribosomal RNA; ribosomes; solvents
- ... We have designed a protocol and server to aid in the search for putative binding sites in 16S rRNA that could be targeted by peptide nucleic acid oligomers. Various features of 16S rRNA were considered to score its regions as potential targets for sequence-specific binding that could result in inhibition of ribosome function. Specifically, apart from the functional importance of a particular rRNA ...