Jump to Main Content
- R. G. Revaiah, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2022 v.113 no.5 pp. 869-881
- altitude; atmospheric pressure; edema; fabrics; gas exchange; military personnel; oxygen; oxygen partial pressure
- ... Lungs are the primary interface between the atmosphere and working tissues and act as the primary metabolic machinery of the body. The gas exchange that occurs inside the lungs through alveoli ensures adequate supply of oxygen to the tissues and determines the physical and physiological well beingness of the individuals. Barometric pressure decreases as altitude increases and individuals performin ...
- R. G Revaiah, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2020 v.111 no.2 pp. 273-308
- altitude; aviation; clothing; cold; deserts; edema; environmental hazards; fabrics; fever; finishes; fire hazard; flame retardants; health hazards; heat stress; hypoxia; industry; landscapes; liquids; military personnel; weather
- ... Operation of Armed Forces personnel in harsh military terrains for extended tenure period necessitates protection from elements and battle hazards. Harsh military terrains exert profound effects on the physical and physiological performance of the soldiers and can impart serious health hazards on inadequately protected soldiers resulting in mission failure and avoidable loss of lives. Harsh milita ...