Jump to Main Content
- Rader, Alana M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomorphology 2018 v.318 pp. 69-87
- El Nino; aerial photography; coasts; conservation areas; developmental stages; littoral zone; radiative forcing; sediments; shorelines; storms; vegetation types; wind; California
- ... Coastal foredunes are shore-parallel ridges that form in the backshore and their morphodynamics are controlled partly by seasonal and spatial variations in the coastal (onshore) sediment budget that, in turn, are driven by oceanic and atmospheric processes and interactions, including regional wave and wind regimes, climatic variability events (e.g., ENSO), sediment availability, beach characterist ...
- Rader, Alana M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.19 pp. 680
- beaches; estuaries; forests; habitats; humans; islands; sand; shorelines; New York
- ... An important issue facing coastal managers is how natural coastal habitats can be protected against wave erosion by human action. An assessment is made of attempts to protect a rare maritime forest on the bay side of a barrier island at Fire Island, New York, USA using artificial beach fill. The sediment deficit is caused by human attempts to stabilize the island by restricting inlet formation, ov ...