Jump to Main Content
- Raghavendra, Nidhanapati K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2017
- DNA; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; alanine; genome; hydrophobicity; mutants; mutation; mutational analysis
- ... Lens-epithelium-derived-growth factor (LEDGF/p75) is an essential host protein for integration of HIV-1 DNA into host genome. Earlier alanine scanning mutational analysis has revealed that residues I365, D366 and F406 in the integrase binding domain (IBD) of p75 are critical for interaction with HIV-1 integrase (IN), while K364, V408 have intermediate effect and residues N367, L368, R405, K407 sho ...
- Raghavendra, Nidhanapati K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2008 v.36 no.4 pp. 1237-1246
- DNA-binding domains; HIV infections; Human immunodeficiency virus 1; binding proteins; complementary DNA; ex vivo studies; nucleosomes
- ... Integration is an essential step in the retroviral lifecycle, and the lentiviral integrase binding protein lens epithelium-derived growth factor (LEDGF)/p75 plays a crucial role during human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) cDNA integration. In vitro, LEDGF/p75 stimulates HIV-1 integrase activity into naked target DNAs. Here, we demonstrate that this chromatin-associated protein also stimulat ...
- PubMed Central: