Jump to Main Content
- Rahman, Mohammed Mahabubur, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemistry in ecology 2013 v.29 no.6 pp. 540-553
- analytical methods; carbon; carbon cycle; forest ecosystems; humus; lignin; nitrogen; plant litter; researchers; vegetation
- ... Lignin is a major component of plant litter. In this review, we found lignin comprises a complex class of organic compounds whose concentration differs greatly both between and within plant species. There are many analytical methods for detecting the composition and structure of lignins. As lignins are enormously complex compounds, chemical assay is difficult and different methods vary with the re ...
- Rahman, Mohammed Mahabubur, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant biosystems 2012 v.146 no.1 pp. 47-57
- antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biomass; catalase; copper; enzyme activity; hypocotyls; ions; leaves; malondialdehyde; peroxidase; roots; seedlings; superoxide dismutase
- ... The effects of different concentrations of copper (Cu) on the growth, Cu accumulation, antioxidant enzyme activity and malondialdehyde (MDA) content of seedlings of the mangrove species Kandelia candel L. were investigated. Seedlings were treated with several concentrations of CuCl₂ (0, 1, 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 mg L⁻¹) for 3 months. The results indicated that a high dose of Cu significantly decrease ...