Jump to Main Content
- Raices, Renata S. L., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Comprehensive reviews in food science and food safety 2019 v.18 no.1 pp. 67-83
- cold; enzymes; extended shelf life; foods; heat; heat treatment; liquids; milk; nutritive value; spoilage microorganisms; spores; temperature
- ... Overheating is still a major problem in the use of conventional heating for milk and various dairy products, because it leads to the lowering of quality and sensory and nutritional values. Microwave (MW) heating has been credited with providing superior‐quality dairy‐based products with extended shelf‐life, representing a good alternative to conventional heat treatment. The main drawback of MW hea ...
- Raices, Renata S L, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- International journal of dairy technology 2018 v.71 Suppl S1 pp. 1-10
- dairy products; flour; food processing; functional foods; manufacturing; physicochemical properties; prebiotics; probiotics; sensory properties; vegetables
- ... This review aims to evaluate the prebiotic potential of vegetable flours in the manufacture of dairy products and their effects on technological and sensory properties. Overall, studies have shown positive results, not only with regard to the growth of the lactic and/or probiotic bacteria but also for sensory acceptance, rheological and physicochemical properties. In addition, integrated studies f ...