Jump to Main Content
- Ramirez, A.A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.571 pp. 772-777
- active ingredients; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; biochar; chlortetracycline; electrostatic interactions; environmental impact; pH; scanning electron microscopy; sorption isotherms; wastewater; zeta potential
- ... The presence of pharmaceutically active compounds (PhACs) in water and wastewater has raised concerns because of potential environmental impacts and thus their removal is of high importance. The adsorption behavior of chlortetracycline (CTC) from aqueous solution on raw and activated pinewood biochar was studied at 298 K. The effect of initial pH of the solution was studied by performing the exper ...
- Ramirez, A.A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Waste management 2015 v.38 pp. 164-173
- biochar; breeding; carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; cardboard; composts; ecological footprint; farms; heat; mass spectrometry; pyrolysis; renewable energy sources; statistical analysis; temperature profiles; thermal properties; thermogravimetry; value added; waste management; Canada
- ... This study aims to underline the huge potential in Canada of adding value to cardboard and compost as a renewable fuel with a low ecological footprint. The slow pyrolysis process of lined cardboard and compost blend was investigated. Thermal behavior was investigated by thermogravimetric analysis coupled with mass spectrometry (TGA-MS). The thermal profiles are presented in the form of TGA/DTG cur ...