Jump to Main Content
- Rana, Sandeep Singh, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food chemistry 2019 v.278 pp. 185-189
- color; colorimetry; enzyme activity; fruits; image analysis; jackfruits; physicochemical properties; vegetables
- ... Changes in physicochemical properties of fresh cut tender jackfruit during storage is depend on its colour. Colorimeter measurements are best for the samples with homogeneous colour. However, for samples with non-homogenous colors or large sizes (like fruits and vegetables), the colorimeters are inappropriate and inaccurate. The aim for this study is to quantify the amount of browning in fresh cut ...
- Rana, Sandeep Singh, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of fruit science 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 29-44
- Syzygium cumini; anthocyanins; antioxidants; apples; ascorbic acid; bioactive compounds; blackberries; fruits; gallic acid; gels; hydroxymethylfurfural; jams; kiwifruit; lactic acid; physicochemical properties; pulp; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; tannins; tartaric acid; texture
- ... Jamun (Syzygium cumini) is a tropical, underutilized fruit which is highly perishable in nature. It is a good source of vitamin C, tannins, gallic acid and anthocyanins and its beneficial effects are mostly due to the presence of bioactive compounds (pigments and phenolic compounds) in it. Due to astringent and fibrous nature, preparation of jam from jamun pulp is quite difficult, but other fruits ...