Jump to Main Content
- Raneri, Jessica E., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Appetite 2019 v.142 pp. 104370
- collective action; diet recall; food choices; food intake; food purchasing; food retailing; food safety; global positioning systems; household surveys; interviews; lifestyle; modernization; qualitative analysis; supermarkets; traditional foods; women; Vietnam
- ... Nutrition insecurity among urban poor in modernizing Asian metropolises is a critical issue. It is well recognized that in urban Asia the poor are food insecure. Across Asia the food retail environment is transforming rapidly, in which supermarkets increasingly replace traditional food vending, like markets and street vendors that the urban poor depend upon. The question is, how these transformati ...
- PubMed Central:
- Raneri, Jessica E., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Food security 2020 v.12 no.1 pp. 59-81
- crops; diet; environmental performance; farm families; farm income; farming systems; farms; home gardens; landscapes; livelihood; nutrient requirements; prediction; Vietnam
- ... Assessing progress towards healthier people, farms and landscapes through nutrition-sensitive agriculture (NSA) requires transdisciplinary methods with robust models and metrics. Farm-household models could facilitate disentangling the complex agriculture-nutrition nexus, by jointly assessing performance indicators on different farm system components such as farm productivity, farm environmental p ...
- Raneri, Jessica E., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.173 pp. 49-63
- bioeconomics; farms; households; human nutrition; issues and policy; labor; livelihood; models; on-farm research; villages; Vietnam
- ... Farm models have the potential to describe farming systems and livelihoods, identify trade-offs and synergies, and provide ex-ante assessments of agricultural technologies and policies. We developed three new modules related to budget, labor, and human nutrition for the bio-economic whole-farm model ‘FarmDESIGN’. The expanded model positions the farming enterprise within the farm household. We ill ...