Jump to Main Content
- Rankovic, Nicolas, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2019 v.33 no.7 pp. 6775-6787
- distillates; formaldehyde; formates; free radicals; gasoline; hexane; hydroxyl radicals; methyl ethers; models; oxidation; xylene
- ... The introduction of high cetane components has enabled the use of low cetane base gasoline in compression ignition engines. This study provides an understanding of the autoignition characteristics of various ethers blended with light distillates. The spontaneous ignition of mixtures was herein studied both experimentally [ignition quality tester (IQT)] and computationally, allowing the impacts of ...
- Rankovic, Nicolas, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The international journal of life cycle assessment 2018 v.23 no.8 pp. 1527-1541
- European Union; carbon; carbon dioxide; equations; gasoline; greenhouse gas emissions; hydrogen; industry; life cycle assessment; linear programming; octane; oils; petroleum; refining; risk; streams
- ... PURPOSE: Developing a robust method for CO₂ allocation in oil refineries is an ongoing debate within the life cycle assessment (LCA) community. Several methodologies reported in the literature, mostly performing sequential and iterative calculations, tend to be biased toward diesel at the expense of gasoline, failing to properly consider the role played by hydrogen. This paper develops a new non-i ...