Jump to Main Content
- Rao, A. G. Appu, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2010 v.37 no.2 pp. 129-138
- Aspergillus oryzae; fungi; models; pH; proteinases; solid state fermentation; soy flour; temperature; wheat bran
- ... Aspergillus oryzae MTCC 5341, when grown on wheat bran as substrate, produces several extracellular acid proteases. Production of the major acid protease (constituting 34% of the total) by solid-state fermentation is optimized. Optimum operating conditions obtained are determined as pH 5, temperature of incubation of 30°C, defatted soy flour addition of 4%, and fermentation time of 120 h, resultin ...
- Rao, A. G. Appu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European food research & technology 2011 v.233 no.4 pp. 561-568
- anti-inflammatory activity; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; pH; solubility; curcumin
- ... Tetrahydrocurcumin (THC)—the reduced form of curcumin—is more hydrophilic than its parent compound. It possesses higher stability in aqueous medium compared to curcumin. Lipoxygenase (LOX) enzyme is implicated in inflammatory conditions. THC was investigated for the inhibition of soy LOX-1. THC-inhibited LOX-1 with an IC50 value of 44.6 ± 0.6 μM. Kinetics of inhibition revealed mixed linear type w ...