Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: david?
- Ravasio, Davide, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- FEMS yeast research 2014 v.14 no.6 pp. 833-844
- Eremothecium cymbalariae; Eremothecium gossypii; amino acid metabolism; amino acids; beverages; biodiversity; enzymatic reactions; enzymes; fermented foods; flavor; genes; isoamyl alcohol; odors; phenylethyl alcohol; riboflavin; transcription (genetics); volatile organic compounds; yeasts
- ... Aroma alcohols of fermented food and beverages are derived from fungal amino acids catabolism via the Ehrlich pathway. This linear pathway consists of three enzymatic reactions to form fusel alcohols. Regulation of some of the enzymes occurs on the transcriptional level via Aro80. The riboflavin overproducer Ashbya gossypii produces strong fruity flavours in contrast to its much less aromatic rela ...
- Ravasio, Davide, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.183 pp. 227-234
- Saccharomyces pastorianus; aldehydes; beers; brewing; carbohydrate content; enzymology; microbial activity; pasteurization; yeasts
- ... The 19th century witnessed many advances in scientific enzymology and microbiology that laid the foundations for modern biotechnological industries. In the current study, we analyze the content of original lager beer samples from the 1880s, 1890s and 1900s with emphasis on the carbohydrate content and composition. The historic samples include the oldest samples brewed with pure Saccharomyces carls ...