Jump to Main Content
- Reddy, J. N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant genetic resources 2019 v.17 no.3 pp. 221-231
- Oryza sativa; alleles; coasts; flooding tolerance; genetic markers; genetic relationships; genetic variation; germplasm; haplotypes; landraces; quantitative trait loci; rice; salinity; salt stress; salt tolerance; submergence; India
- ... Trait-specific characterization of rice landraces has significant potential for germplasm management, varietal identification and mining of novel gene/allele for various traits. In the current study, we have characterized 98 unique rice landraces collected from coastal regions of India, affected by submergence and salinity, based on Sub1 and Saltol quantitative trait loci (QTL) linked microsatelli ...
- Reddy, J. N., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Rice 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 8
- climate; drought; farmers; flooding tolerance; grain yield; introgression; isogenic lines; marker-assisted selection; quantitative trait loci; rice; single nucleotide polymorphism; submergence; water stress; India; Nepal
- ... BACKGROUND: Climate extremes such as drought and flood have become major constraints to the sustainable rice crop productivity in rainfed environments. Availability of suitable climate-resilient varieties could help farmers to reduce the grain yield losses resulting from the climatic extremities. The present study was undertaken with an aim to develop high-yielding drought and submergence tolerant ...