Jump to Main Content
- Reeves, Jerry J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2010 v.120 no.1-4 pp. 56-64
- ewes; anestrus; estrus; periodicity; biochemical mechanisms; hormonal regulation; ovulation; ovaries; follicular development; hormone secretion; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; luteinizing hormone; follicle-stimulating hormone; immunization; inhibitors; biological rhythms; biomarkers; blood serum
- ... In ewes, immunization against GnRH blocks LH pulses but mean serum FSH concentrations are only partly reduced; the fate of the FSH peaks that precede ovarian follicular waves has not been studied. In this study, we used immunization against GnRH to examine the need for pulsed GnRH secretion in the genesis of FSH peaks in the anestrous ewe. Six anestrous ewes were given a GnRH immunogen on Day 0 an ...
- Reeves, Jerry J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Small ruminant research 2003 v.50 no.1-2 pp. 213-218
- ad libitum feeding; adverse effects; backfat; carcass weight; cooling; dressing percentage; fat thickness; finishing; gonadotropin-releasing hormone; lambs; loins (meat cut); luteinization; rams; recombinant DNA; recombinant fusion proteins; testes; weight gain
- ... Body growth, feedlot performance and carcass characteristics of ram lambs (n=16) immunized against luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) at 10 weeks of age with recombinant LHRH fusion proteins were investigated. Recombinant fusion proteins, ovalbumin-LHRH-7 and thioredoxin-LHRH-7 were produced using recombinant DNA technology. Animals were immunized (n=8) against LHRH with ovalbumin-LHRH-7 ...