Jump to Main Content
- Reiser, M. Hildegard, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecology 2013 v.94 no.9 pp. 2030
- Bouteloua eriopoda; air temperature; atmospheric precipitation; climate change; climatic factors; drought; drought tolerance; ecosystems; grasses; grasslands; perennials; plant communities; plant response; shrubs; species diversity; summer; vegetation cover; winter; woody plants; Chihuahuan Desert
- ... We paired results from climate and vegetation monitoring at multiple sites across the Chihuahuan Desert over the last century to determine which plant species and functional types may be the most sensitive to climate change. We found that the dominant perennial grass, Bouteloua eriopoda, and species richness had non-linear responses to summer precipitation, decreasing more in dry summers than incr ...
- Reiser, M. Hildegard, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological research 2007 v.22 no.6 pp. 902-910
- Cyprinodon tularosa; colonizing ability; evolution; fish; habitats; phenotypic plasticity; rivers; salinity; New Mexico
- ... Contemporary evolution has been shown in a few studies to be an important component of colonization ability, but seldom have researchers considered whether phenotypic plasticity facilitates directional evolution from the invasion event. In the current study, we evaluated body shape divergence of the New Mexico State-threatened White Sands pupfish (Cyprinodon tularosa) that were introduced to brack ...