Jump to Main Content
- Remington, Ben, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.127 pp. 61-69
- allergenicity; allergens; decision making; dietary protein; food allergies; inventories; protein sources; proteins; risk; risk management; risk managers
- ... Many food innovations rely on the introduction and use of new or modified proteins. New or modified food proteins may lead to major health risks due to their inherent potential to cause food allergy. Currently, the pre-market allergenicity assessment for new or modified food proteins and protein sources relies on methods for identifying allergenic hazards based on characteristics of known allergen ...
- Remington, Ben C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2017 v.106 pp. 306-313
- Weibull statistics; allergens; food allergies; foods; ingestion; models; peanut oil; peanut protein; peanuts; probabilistic risk assessment; risk; toxicology; vegetable oil
- ... Refined vegetable oils including refined peanut oil are widely used in foods. Due to shared production processes, refined non-peanut vegetable oils can contain residual peanut proteins. We estimated the predicted number of allergic reactions to residual peanut proteins using probabilistic risk assessment applied to several scenarios involving food products made with vegetable oils. Variables consi ...