Jump to Main Content
- Remy, Tom, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2012 v.51 no.45 pp. 14824-14833
- adsorption; breathing; coordination polymers; engineering; ethylbenzene; polystyrenes; sorption isotherms; styrene; temperature; vacuum distillation
- ... Separation of styrene (ST) from ethylbenzene (EB) remains an industrially relevant challenge in the production of polystyrene. Adsorptive separation with metal–organic frameworks (MOFs) is a potential alternative for the conventional vacuum distillation process. Adsorption and separation of ST and EB on the MOFs MIL-47 and MIL-53(Al) were studied under vapor-phase conditions. ST and EB show tradit ...
- Remy, Tom, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.16 pp. 4998-5012
- adsorption; aluminum; calcium; carbon dioxide; cations; chemical industry; lithium; magnesium; methane; nitrogen; silicon; sodium; strontium; zeolites
- ... Selective separation of CO₂ is becoming one of the key technologies in the (petro-) chemical industry. This study focuses on the adsorption and separation of CO₂ from CH₄ on a new low-silica (LS) type of the eight-membered ring KFI zeolite. A series of alkali (Li, Na, K) and alkaline-earth (Mg, Ca, Sr) exchanged samples of the new LS KFI were synthesized and characterized. LS Li-KFI showed the lar ...