Jump to Main Content
- Ren, Jingyan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The British journal of nutrition 2016 v.116 no.4 pp. 639-647
- adolescents; adults; blood lipids; cross-over studies; fasting; freeze drying; hyperemia; males; nitrates; nitrites; overweight; risk factors; strawberries
- ... Previous studies have shown that the intake of freeze-dried strawberry powder (FDSP) improves select markers of cardiovascular health in adults with cardiovascular risk factors; however, whether these improvements can be observed in at-risk adolescents is unknown. A randomised, double-blind, cross-over study enrolled twenty-five overweight or obese males, aged 14–18 years, to consume 50 g of a FDS ...
- Ren, Jingyan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- PharmaNutrition 2016 v.4 no.3 pp. 132-138
- bioavailability; cross-over studies; hyperemia; nitrates; nitrites; postmenopause; resveratrol; women
- ... Resveratrol supplementation has been reported to improve markers of vascular function, but poor bioavailability of the parent compound is thought to limits its use. In this study, we compared the effects of a resveratrol-arginine conjugate (ResArg) to trans-resveratrol (trans-Res), the standard form used in supplements, on measures of microvascular function 1h and 2h after intake. Postmenopausal w ...