Jump to Main Content
- Ren, Weitong, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2017 v.121 no.42 pp. 9799-9806
- EF hand motifs; Gibbs free energy; crosslinking; dimerization; metal ions; protein folding; proteins; topography
- ... Allosteric proteins are featured by energetic degeneracy of two (or more) functionally relevant conformations, therefore their energy landscapes are often locally frustrated. How such frustration affects the protein folding/binding dynamics is not well understood. Here, by using molecular simulations we study the consequences of local frustration in the dimerization dynamics of allosteric proteins ...
- Ren, Weitong, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2017 v.121 no.19 pp. 4987-4996
- Escherichia coli; chaperonins; crystal structure; deuterium; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; mass spectrometry; models; molecular dynamics; peptides; proteolysis
- ... Despite considerable efforts, elucidating the allostery of large macromolecular assemblies at a molecular level in solution remains technically challenging due to its structural complexity. Here we have employed an approach combining amide backbone hydrogen/deuterium exchange coupled with mass spectrometry, fluorescence spectroscopy, and molecular simulations to characterize allosteric patterns of ...