Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: megan?
- Respess, Meghan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2019 v.254 no.4 pp. 483-486
- bladder; catheters; cats; males; sodium chloride
- ... OBJECTIVE To evaluate the effect of urinary bladder lavage on in-hospital recurrence of urethral obstruction (UO) and durations of urinary catheter retention and hospitalization for male cats. DESIGN Randomized controlled clinical trial. ANIMALS 137 male cats with UO. PROCEDURES Following random allocation, cats either did (flush group; n = 69) or did not (no-flush group; 68) undergo urinary bladd ...
- Respess, Meghan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2015 v.247 no.6 pp. 643-649
- anemia; blood serum; blood transfusion; dogs; erythrocytes; heart rate; hospitals; survival rate; temperature; total solids
- ... Objective—To describe transfusion practices for treatment of dogs hospitalized because of traumatic injuries. Design—Retrospective case series. Animals—125 client-owned dogs. Procedures—Medical records of dogs that sustained trauma and were hospitalized for ≥ 24 hours after emergency stabilization were reviewed. Admission characteristics and transfusion-specific data were assessed. Receiver operat ...