Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: simon?
- Rezende, Simone Aparecida, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasitology research 2018 v.117 no.9 pp. 2881-2893
- Leishmania infantum; bone marrow; dogs; humans; immune response; liver; macrophages; mice; microRNA; models; nucleotides; parasites; pathogenicity; spleen
- ... Strains of the same Leishmania parasite species, isolated from different host organisms, may exhibit unique infection profiles and induce a change in the expression of microRNAs among host macrophages and in model host mice. MicroRNAs (MiR) are endogenous molecules of about 22 nucleotides that are involved in many regulatory processes, including the vertebrate host immune response. In this respect ...
- Rezende, Simone Aparecida, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 472
- Leishmania; T-lymphocytes; antigens; data collection; dogs; humoral immunity; immune response; immunoglobulin G; innate immunity; interferon-gamma; interleukin-2; interleukin-6; liver; mice; monocytes; parasitism; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; spleen; splenocytes; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; vaccination; vaccines; visceral leishmaniasis
- ... BACKGROUND: In past years, many researchers have sought canine visceral leishmaniasis (CVL) prevention through the characterization of Leishmania antigens as vaccine candidates. Despite these efforts, there is still no efficient vaccine for CVL control. METHODS: In the present study, we performed a pre-clinical vaccine trial using BALB/c mice to compare the effects of the multicomponent LBSap vacc ...
- PubMed Central:
- Rezende, Simone Aparecida, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Experimental parasitology 2011 v.127 no.3 pp. 719-723
- Leishmania; chelating agents; deferoxamine; hemoglobin; interferon-gamma; interleukin-4; iron; liver; mice; nutrient deficiencies; parasite load; parasites; parasitology; public health; spleen; visceral leishmaniasis
- ... Iron deficiency and visceral leishmaniasis are serious problems of public health. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of iron deficiency, induced by the iron chelator desferrioxamine, on the course of the infection by Leishmania chagasi in BALB/c mice. Our data show that the iron chelator caused significant reduction in hemoglobin concentration of treated mice and reduction in parasit ...